Thursday, February 19, 2009

Seattle....

I was enjoying lunch yesterday with Sondra, when my phone rings and to my surprise it was Jerry. I get calls from him often during the day, but for some reason, this ring kinda shocked me. On the other end, I hear my loving husband telling me he has good news, but kinda bad news... From the tone of his voice, I knew what it was. "When are they sending you?" was my reply.
Jerry works for the family company Norogachi Construction. It's a good company, and its growing like crazy. Although the economy sucks here in California, you'd be surprised at the growth and work there is in Seattle Washington. The company has based on office up there, and they currently have 5 jobs going. All at different stages, its looking as thou Jerry will be a Washington resident for about 6 months.
We're not new to this. 2007 he was working out of town every week. He would leave Sunday afternoon, work thru til Thursday, and come home on the weekends. It was hard, and we had some difficult times, but there was always the weekends to look forward to. This time, not so much. Being 15 hours away, and 2 states inbetween, it won't be as easy to come home on the weekends. We have our videophone, and I'll be sending him with another one, so maybe that'll be the change that we need this time. The boys will probably take it harder than me. I can read emails, and hear his voice on the other end of the line.... But Jacob and JT have an unique bond with their daddy. We'll be planning road trips and talking a lot on the phone... but it'll be hard. We're strong, and very much in love. But this is going to be a long 6 months.....

No comments: