Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Relay For Life 2009




I'm so excited for May. We have so much going on in the months before then, but May just sticks out in my head even more. I have taken on the responsibility of putting together a team for the Amercian Cancer Societys Relay For Life 2009. This is an awesome fundraiser for cancer research. Plus its a way to get out with a griup of people and get a lil exercise. So far, we have 12 people on my team, with 4 survivors joining us. I'm really looking forward to the efforts we bring and support we make. I remember walking in high school for the relay, and the energy of everyone around you is so contagious. Can't wait for it all again. I'm hoping on doing this every year... there has to be a cure for this horrible disease... and we have to fundraise and research til there is!!
Our team name this year is Ropin'&Hopin' its a catchy name, and it fits the western theme of our camp site. It should be a blast, and i'll have tons of pictures to come.
This year, I'm walking in honor of my grandfather who passed away in '01 for esphogial cancer, my mom, who is a survivor of skin, cervical and breast cancer, my father in-law who is a survivor of prostate cancer, for Stacey Hartmann, who just lost her almost 10 year battle with ovarian cancer, and Jane Anderson, who lost her battle 3 years ago to breast cancer. I know its a lot, but this ugly thing has taken too many people from our lives too soon.
I'm designing cool shirts for a team to wear, and making ribbons for our survivors walking with us. Even though this won't take place til May, I seem to be very busy with it everyday... not to mention the people joining our team everyday.
So let me know if you'd beinterested in joining our team for the walk, or if you'd like to donate to this great foundation :)



1 comment:

ashley said...

woop woop! let me know if you need help...don't forget to make a one-z for lennon...