Tuesday, January 13, 2009

All Of Us!!

With Jacobs 5th birthday right around the corner, we can't believe how fast the boys are growing up. JT is now 2 1/2 and wants to do everything his Bubba does. They play with the same toys and they both have amazing imaginations. From Cars, to Spiderman, to Dark Knight, to Batman, to Sesame Street, to Rodeo, there isn't anything these boys can't think up. The latest things is they will re-create whatever show they just watched on t.v.; for instance if they watched Toy Story, they would react out what part of the movie they liked, and play for hours. It's very amusing to sit and listen to them play, and to hear Jacob coach JT on how to jump or throw or run. It keeps a smile on my face all day long.

Jerry is still working with the family business. He enjoys the flexiblity it gives him, but sometimes doesn't like the physical labor of it all. He takes on so much and doesn't know how to say no to anyone, especially family. I can kinda see the good in that, but there are some days when I wish he would just tell them all to Get Real! LOL!! I really enjoy my in-laws, and I really enjoy our family gatherings, but sometime, they need to leave work in the office! I absolutely envy my mother-in-law. She is such a busy, strong, humble woman. with almost 12 grandkids, she doesn't miss a beat. My father-in-law is also one that has surprised me in the latest years. I must admitt that when we all lived under the same roof, we didn't like eachother so much. With respect, it was a very stressful situation. But now as he sees what I can do for my family and my kids, he's opened up to me so much, and we've become close, so close, I call him Dad.

I enjoy the brothers and sisters that Jerrys family has blessed me with. If anyone knows my past, I was, and still are not, very close with my sister. Maybe there will come a day when she's grown up and mature we can hold a conversation, but with the damages my father has made, I don't see that happening any time soon. I haven't seen or heard from my father in over a year now. JT doesn't even know who he is. I have no regrets, and I will not allow my kids to be set up for a heartbreak that I endured from him... Having kids, I understand unconditional love, and that is something you can't just throw away. There are just something you can't take back, nor can you fix. But, replacement is an option!! LOL!!

My mom~ what can I say about her. She has had some rough times. Almost fell off the cart a few times. She thinks that she is a burden, but had she fallen off the cart, I'm not sure what or where I would be right now. There comes a time when you see your mom as your best friend or your worst enemy. Sadly, my mom and I have survived both those times. But for the most part, she is my best friend. I'm proud of the fact that she did see light at the end of the tunnel, that she has made a life for herself, and she is very strong. Sometimes is takes the worst thing to happen to you inorder to make you realize how strong you are. She's Crazy, but I love her!!

Jerry and I are going on 8 years together with 5 years of marriage.... I couldn't be more happier and proud of my husband. We have our spats, but they truely make us stronger. He is, in a sense, my hero. He became my best friend, my lover, my husband, and my savior. He wakes me up to reality when I've drifted off to La-la Land. LOL!! I truely see us old and gray enjoying the fun of our grandchildren together. If you have a good imagination, you're luaghing, too, at the image in your head. LOL!

As for me, I'm still working our home based business. It shows a lot of bonuses and opportunites that Jerry and I envision for our future. I can only offer the same opportunities for everyone else. We all know how to dream, but do we know how to make those dreams come true? I DO, and I'm making them possible everyday. My true goal is to bring Jerry home. I don't want him to work til 65 yrs old. I want him to enjoy our boys growing up. I want him to be at all their sporting events, all their school functions, and at every birthday. I also see this business giving our kids what they want in life as they get older. They have even bigger imaginations than we do, and I want to fill those dreams!

So there you have it. My views on what our family is today... and it's only getting bigger by the minute:)
(your welcome, Ashley, now there's something on my page LOL!)

For now,
Jessica

1 comment:

ashley said...

YAY! I am so happy you did this!